If YOU Sleep well, YOU will feel well, and YOU will start your day on a positive note.
Getting a good night’s rest is essential in helping the body to restore and replenish the organs and nervous system from all the stressful activities of the day and meeting the challenges and activities for the upcoming day. With today’s hectic work style and social activities, today’s generation is not getting enough sleep.
As research shows that depriving the body of the rest it needs, decreases the quality of life and overall longevity in the long run. Lack of sleep decreases hormonal and metabolic imbalances, accelerates aging, increases blood pressure, and increased the onset of type 2 diabetes, memory loss, mood swings, and more.
Here are some helpful guidelines for improving your quality of sleep, as well as your health and well-being.
- Get between 7 to 8 hours of sleep a day as it varies for different individuals
- Get to bed as early as you can, hopefully before 12:00
- Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time each day
- Don’t eat before bedtime and avoid caffeine and other stimulants
- Don’t watch any negative news or read negative reports before bedtime, as this will influence and cause disturbing dreams and create stress and tension.
- Learn to unwind from your day’s activities through prayer, relaxation, and meditation techniques for a few minutes each night before bedtime, as this will influence your dreams positively and cause you to feel refreshed and renewed upon awakening.
Look Younger, Live Longer. Boost Your Energy Levels!